1. Professional email address
Applicants will need their personal email address to apply. Do not use a parent’s email address to submit an application for MOYS programs. If you do not have a personal email address, you can create a Gmail or Yahoo account at no charge. Email addresses should be professional, and may include, for example, applicant’s first and last name. Applicants (NOT PARENTS) are responsible for checking their email accounts on a regular basis.
2. Username and password
Each applicant will need to create a username and password to submit an application. The username can be a combination of letters and numbers, and should be similar to the email address. Passwords should be unique and easy to remember. Passwords must contain one or more of each of the following: capital letters, lowercase letters, numbers, and special symbols or characters (!@#$%&*?). Passwords must be at least eight characters in length.
3. Choosing a program
Applicants will be considered for ONE PROGRAM ONLY, and are not eligible to be considered for both programs. Applicants should carefully review each program before applying. For more information about the Memphis Ambassadors Program, click here. For more information about the MPLOY Youth Summer Experience, click here.
4. Application Profile
After submitting an application for either the Memphis Ambassadors Program (MAP) or the MPLOY Youth Summer Experience, applicants can use their username and password to access their profile and update their information. After clicking “submit”, applicants WILL NOT be able to change the information on the application, but will be able to change the information on their profile.
Applicants are encouraged to proofread all their personal information before submitting an application, to verify that the information submitted is true and correct.
Email technical questions to MOYSmgmt@memphistn.gov. For more information about what happens after submitting an application, click here.
7. Gather your documents
After submitting an application, applicants are advised to start gathering their required documents for employment, in case they are selected through the Lottery.
Note: These documents are not required until an applicant is selected from the Lottery.
The required documents are as follows:
- Birth Certificate: You can request a copy of your birth certificate be mailed to your home or picked up from the Health Department in the county where you were born.
- Social Security Card: You can request a social security card by going to your local social security office, or by mailing your application to the US Social Security Administration. Note: Requesting a new or replacement social security card could take weeks for processing.
- Photo Identification: You can get a state-issued photo identification card from your local DMV. Alternatively, you can apply for a US Passport from your local post office. Your photo identification card must include a current photo. Other acceptable forms of Photo ID are a military ID or a CURRENT school ID. No other forms of ID will be accepted.
- Letter of Recommendation: You can download the MOYS Letter of Recommendation form here. School officials, administrators, or teachers are authorized to sign the Letter of Recommendation Form, and the Letter of Recommendation Form must also include the school’s official seal or stamp.
- Proof of residency: Acceptable documents that prove your residency include: mortgage statement, lease agreement, utility bill, or phone/cable bill. The proof of residency document must reflect the current address where the applicant resides, and can be in the name of the parent/legal guardian. No other types of residency documents will be accepted.
- Proof of education:For the Memphis Ambassadors Program (MAP), applicants must submit their most recent report card, which reflects their current GPA of 2.5 or higher. For the MPLOY Youth Summer Experience, applicants may submit a report card, progress report, or transcript for the CURRENT school year.
8. Job Opportunities for Teens and Young Adults
Click here to submit an application for the Memphis Ambassadors Program (MAP).
Click here to submit an application to the MPLOY Youth Summer Experience.
315 S. HOLLYWOOD STREET | MEMPHIS, TENNESSEE 38104 | PHONE: (901) 636-6264